Representing Beyond Green, Adam works with the leading urban renewal agency Taylor Young. He is advising the Ashton Green project team on the sustainable production of a 3,500 homes Masterplan on the 130 ha site in North West Leicester, Ashton Green – a large Greenfield site owned by Leicester City Council (LCC) which has previously had a number of failed proposals.
Adam also leads the inclusive stakeholder and public consultation exercise for the Masterplan.
Current outcomes of the project include:
- Adoption of bespoke project vision
- Embedding sustainability principles within the project
- Successful stakeholder engagement
- Endorsement by LCC cabinet of project direction
- A wide ranging inclusive and public open consultation process
- Masterplan review
- Outline planning application early 2010
A major public consultation exercise has been completed in November. Further work on refining the masterplan will take place in early 2010, leading to an outline planning application being submitted in spring 2010.