Longhurst Housing Group (LG) are one of the largest registered housing provider (RP) operating in the East Midlands and Lincolnshire regions. Longhurst manage some 15,000 homes across the Midlands, East Anglia and Lincolnshire.
In 2007 Longhurst identified a large development opportunity in Humberston near Grimsby. The landowners were keen as part of the land agreement to ensure that a sustainable development was developed.
Adam, while working for Beyond Green, helped Longhurst adopt a vision for this unique long term opportunity. “Creating space for our Futures”.
Through 2008 Adam has been acting as the lead sustainability consultant to the Groups Business Director. During this period Adam has helped drive the project forward while ensuring that the principles of sustainability are embedded in the project.
Key project achievements to-date have been:
- Board awareness and support
- Creation of a bespoke project Vision
- Setting out a project management process to deliver a sustainable development
- Selection and appointment of specialist consultants, including masterplanner and landscape designer
- A project management structure to take the project to outline planning
2010 will see a focus on driving forward the creation of a sustainable and deliverable masterplan. Throughout, Adam has helped shape the project and support Longhurst in bringing forward this exemplar project. This work will establish a model for the future delivery of other sustainable developments within the Longhurst Group.