Instinctively Green were appointed by Fenland Future Ltd (FFL) in late 2021 to provide practical advice and support to the newly formed wholly owned subsidiary of Fenland District Council. This is a long-term interim support role, acting as the main advisor to the company.
Our role is to provide advice and support to the private commercial company on development issues. The key role of FFL is to bring forward and develop land transferred by the Council or purchased independently to deliver new homes in the district while creating a revenue stream back to the Council. Instinctively Green is able to bring over 30 years development experience to this new fledgling private company as it makes the transition to being an active developer in Fenland.
Our key services include: –
- Reviewing and updating FFL’s Business Plan
- Development advice on the priority sites
- Providing project management advice to the FFL Board members
- Advice and support to the professional team
- General advice on building design, planning and building contract issues
- Advice on the formal contractual arrangements
- Advice throughout to FFL Board members on viability, governance and legal issues
- Working with FDC Councillors
- Viability appraisals
- Organising tender and recruitment processes for additional professional support
Through our work and support, outline planning applications have been worked up and submitted for the two main sites. Our work includes overseeing the tendering process to select a delivery partner as well as a separate partner to deliver a new 60-home extra care project.
The initial projects are likely to start in mid-2023.